Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The crochet helper you should be using


Raise your hand if you have trouble keeping count of your crochet rows.


I did too until I found the handiest tally stitch counter in history.

I needed a counter that allowed me to keep crocheting (or knitting) without laying down my work.  I've used the good 'ole pencil and paper tally marks, which is a tried and true method...has worked for centuries...BUT you have to lay down your work, find the pencil that rolled into the floor, make your mark, pick up your work, and continue....where was I?  I've used counter apps on my phone, which are handy, because you can name your projects, install pretty backgrounds, set alarms, etc., but more often than not, my screen times out and I have to unlock it, log the row, and still have the same problem....letting go of some part of my work and losing tension and consistency.  I've considered the necklace-type counters, but honestly, I can see a pattern here....  With this ring counter though, I am able to keep count and keep on working with just a tap of my thumb.  No dropped hook, no dropped needles....keep on truckin'!

I was skeptical that this tally counter would be awkward and/or heavy on my finger, but the adjustable strap makes it a perfect fit.  As you can see in the above video, the gripped texture keeps it set at angle on my finger. The large silver button is easy to advance with my thumb, and the small silver button resets to zero.  Easy peasy.

I've been using the tally counter for a couple of months now, and I really enjoy it.  It seriously improves my stitch consistency while helping me keep count of my rows.

Also? Its at Amazon for under $2!!  See how much easier it makes your crochet projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The crochet helper you should be using